Certified Manager of Animal Resources (CMAR) - Self-directed StudyInstitute of Certified Professional Managers (ICPM)
Online, Self-Directed Study
This online Certified Manager of Animal Resources (CMAR) programme verifies managerial competency in the field of laboratory animal resources management. The credential is ideal for individuals looking to advance their careers as managers of lab animal facilities.
CMAR is a joint certification program between the Institute of Certified Professional Managers (ICPM) and the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS). To gain the CMAR certification, candidates must meet eligibility requirements and pass four certification exams. The CMAR certification is administered jointly by ICPM (CM exams) and AALAS (AR exam).
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for experienced directors, managers, and supervisors in the operation of laboratory animal facilities that meet the requirements for CMAR eligibility. Contact the provider for more information.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon successfully passing the three CM exams from ICPM and the Animal Resources (AR) Exam from AALAS participants will be awarded a Certified Manager of Animal Resources Certification. Participants have up to 15 months to complete the CM exams and another 15 months to complete the AR exam.
CMAR candidates are not awarded the CM designation in addition to the CMAR designation.
ICPM Certified Manager content:
- Management Fundamentals
- Manager vs. Leader
- Ethics & Social Responsibility
- Managing Globally
- Effective Communication
- Decision Making
- Information Technology
- Risk Management and Law
- Economics and Business
- Planning and Strategy
- Value Chain Management
- Project Management
- Organisational Structure
- Building Teams and Groups
- Human Resource Mgmt
- Workforce Diversity
- Coaching and Feedback
- Networking and Mentoring
- Running Effective Meetings
- Motivating Employees
- Managing Change
- Conflict and Negotiation
- Managing Misbehavior
- Time & Stress Management
- Organisational Control
- Operational Control
- Accounting Information
- Financial Management
AALAS: The CMAR resource kit contains the following books:
- Management of Laboratory Animal Care and Use Programs
- Managing the Laboratory Animal Facility, Third Edition
- Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals
- Animal Welfare Act and Regulations
- Public Health Service Policy on Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee Guidebook
- Occupational Health and Safety in the Care and Use of Research Animals
- 2013 AVMA Guidelines on Euthanasia
- Good Laboratory Practice Standards FDA 21 CRF Part 58
- Good Laboratory Practice Standards EPA 40 CRF Part 160 & 792
The cost of this course is $1,250 USD + shipping.
Globally Recognised Management & Qualification Courses
For more than four decades, the Institute of Certified Professional Managers (ICPM) has been successfully training and qualifying managers and leaders around the world. With over 13,000 managers qualified worldwide, ICPM is the largest management qualifying/certifying body in the United States...