45-hour Distance Programme from IATA Training
With the help of this programme, participants will learn what it takes to work in one of the airline industry's most visible positions at an airport. Participants will obtain the necessary skills for providing assistance and other passenger services at the check-in counter, gate and concourse of any airport.
This Passenger Ground Services programme was designed to complement the training requirements outlined in the IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM), the IATA Safety Audit for Ground Operations (ISAGO) and the IATA Passenger Services Conference Resolutions Manual (PSCRM). This is a distance programme that is available as either a printed textbook or ebook. Participants generally will need around 45 hours of study to complete. They must finish studying in 18 months and then will be assessed through an exam.
Upon completing this course participants will have the skills to:
- Understand how airlines and airports operate in relation to the provision of passenger services
- Learn about passenger and baggage check-in and boarding procedures, including passengers with special needs
- Interpret the respective regulatory requirements related to passenger and baggage transport
- Understand how computer reservations and departure control systems operate
- Ensure safe and secure passenger and baggage transport
- Provide superior customer service in a demanding customer facing environment
- Learn about the latest technological innovations in passenger services
- Add value to existing and future employers looking to hire and retain knowledgeable and high performing personnel
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is recommended for:
- Airline passenger service staff
- Ground Handling Agents’ passenger services staff
- Airport operators’ staff providing passenger services
- Civil Aviation Authorities’ staff providing passenger services
- Anyone wishing to start a career as a Passenger Service Agent
Outcome / Qualification etc.
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Training Course Content
- Introduction to airport and airline operations
- Computer Reservations (CRS) and Departure Control Systems (DCS) functions
- Passenger and Baggage check-in procedures (airport and off-site)
- Conditions of passenger and baggage carriage, boarding procedures and flight close-out messaging
- Dangerous Goods regulations awareness for passenger service agents
- Managing passenger interactions
- Aviation security procedures for passenger and baggage transport
- Enhanced passenger facilitation, latest innovations and career opportunities
Regular Fee: $475 (eBook) / 500 (printed format)
Developing Nations: $400 (eBook) / 425 (printed format)
IATA Training - Training for aviation professionals & organisations
Serving over 100,000 delegates every year, IATA Training provides specialised training to aviation and travel professionals worldwide. With the goal of supporting and promoting global industry standards, their 300+ courses are developed around the International Air Transport Association's (IATA) core areas of expertise. Benefiting from IATA's work...