Distance Learning Course and Exam by IATA Training
With more than 52 million tonnes of cargo shipped each year, demand for qualified professionals in the air cargo industry continues to grow.
The IATA Cargo Introductory Course is designed precisely to prepare delegates for a role in air cargo, providing a sound overview of how airline cargo units and freight forwarders operate, as well as an outline of basic IATA guidelines. Available in either a printed or ebook format, the flexible programme will guide learners through the fundamentals and provide them with the entry level skills to:
- Advise clients on IATA procedures and rules for air freight shipments
- Arrange cargo shipments in compliance with IATA resolutions
- Apply published rates and charges for shipments
- Prepare shipments and complete air waybills correctly
The course includes a 3-hour final exam and is mandated for IATA Cargo Agents in accordance with the IATA Cargo Agency Resolutions.
The course can also optionally be combined with Harvard ManageMentor. Please enquire for more details.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for newcomers to the air cargo industry, as well as:
- Cargo agent and air freight forwarder sales and marketing staff
- Airline and manufacturer sales, reservations, and acceptance staff
- Junior level managers at cargo agents, airlines, and manufacturer
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Participants who obtain 60% or higher on all exercises and exams will receive an IATA Certificate of Completion. A special distinction is awarded to those who achieve over 90%.
Training Course Content
Course content includes:
- Operations at cargo agencies, airlines, and freight forwarders
- Air cargo acceptance basic rating principles
- Air waybill completion
- Industry terminology and abbreviations
- IATA geography, TACT, OAG, and other cargo manuals
This course counts as a step towards earning the:
- IATA Air Cargo Diploma (via Distance Learning)
- Airside Operations Excellence Diploma
- Air Cargo Operations Professional Diploma
The cost of this course is:
- Regular Fee: $320
- Developing Nations: $275
IATA Training - Training for aviation professionals & organisations
Serving over 100,000 delegates every year, IATA Training provides specialised training to aviation and travel professionals worldwide. With the goal of supporting and promoting global industry standards, their 300+ courses are developed around the International Air Transport Association's (IATA) core areas of expertise. Benefiting from IATA's work...