Distance Course taking 60-70 Hours of Study
This Ground Operations Management programme is part of IATA’s Diploma in Aviation Studies. It will help participants learn how to control and supervise an airline station operating in a self-handled or outsourced environment. This is a distance learning course that is available as a printed textbook or ebook. The programme will take between 60 and 70 study hours to complete and participants have 18 months in which to complete their studies. The results of their study will be assessed via an exam. Request information to learn more.
Upon completing this course participants will have the skills to:
- Control and supervise an airline station in a self-handled or outsourced environment
- Use Ground Handling and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to suit your Stations handling needs, reduce costs and provide quality service
- Prevent fraud by being knowledgeable about the current methods that fraudsters use to dilute airline revenues
- Implement a Safety and Security Station Management System according to industry standards and recommended practices
- Motivate staff and effectively monitor their performance
- Use and work with the latest edition of the IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM) which is included in the course price.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is recommended for:
- Airlines, ground handling and other service providers
- Airport authorities
- Ground operations professionals at a supervisory level
Outcome / Qualification etc.
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Training Course Content
- The importance of Operational and Occupational Health and Safety training
- Managing risk and the components of Emergency Response Plans (ERPs)
- The use of SGHA contracts and Service Level Agreements
- Operational standards in the IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM)
- The latest trends in passenger/baggage handling and catering
Regular Fee: $910 (eBook) / 935 (printed format)
Developing Nations: $760 (eBook) / 785 (printed format)
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
- Aviation Studies Diploma (Distance Learning)
- Airport Operations Foundation Diploma
IATA Training - Training for aviation professionals & organisations
Serving over 100,000 delegates every year, IATA Training provides specialised training to aviation and travel professionals worldwide. With the goal of supporting and promoting global industry standards, their 300+ courses are developed around the International Air Transport Association's (IATA) core areas of expertise. Benefiting from IATA's work...