200-hour Online Programme for Aspiring Travel Professionals
This programme will help participants acquire key knowledge and skills needed for a career as a travel professional in the travel and tourism industry. Learn how to give advice on flights, accommodation and tour products, and how to ensure that the travelers they are helping fulfill any necessary travel requirements. This programme will also help participants improve their customer service and sales skills in order to better advise travel customers about when and where they should travel based on their needs. Participants will finally learn how to use a global distribution system to create and manage reservations.
This distance learning course is available as either a print book or an ebook. Both versions require that the students has access to online modules. This course will take around 200 hours of study to complete. They will need to finish studying within 18 months. Students’ performance is assess through an examination.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Advise customers on passport and visa requirements, as well as on travel insurance options
- Promote services and facilities available to airline passengers during their travel
- Interpret standard industry codes to plan and reserve travel itineraries
- Sell rail travel, car rental, hotel accommodation, cruises and pre-packaged tour products
- Provide good customer service and retain customer loyalty
- Use the Global Distribution System to make and maintain reservations and issue travel documents
Suitability - Who should attend?
This programme is recommended for:
- Travel agents
- Airline reservation agents
- Tour operators
- Call center agents
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By successfully completing the examination you will receive the Foundation in Travel and Tourism Diploma.
Training Course Content
- The travel and tourism industry and the working environment for travel professionals
- Geography and industry codes
- Travel documents and the airline passenger experience
- Air transport products and services
- Rail, hotel, car rental, cruise and tour products
- Customer service principles
- Airfares and ticketing
- The Amadeus system functionality
Regular Fee: $755 (eBook) / 780 (printed format)
Developing Nations: $590 (eBook) / 620 (printed format)
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
- Foundation in Travel and Tourism Diploma
- Travel Sales and Operations Diploma
IATA Training - Training for aviation professionals & organisations
Serving over 100,000 delegates every year, IATA Training provides specialised training to aviation and travel professionals worldwide. With the goal of supporting and promoting global industry standards, their 300+ courses are developed around the International Air Transport Association's (IATA) core areas of expertise. Benefiting from IATA's work...