Advanced Gas Condensate Reservoir Management
Advanced Gas Condensate Reservoir Management - A 5-day training course for oil & gas professionals
This comprehensive training course with renowned industry expert, Dr Curtis Whitson, addresses the key subjects concerning the performance of gas condensate systems from reserve evaluation to production optimisation planning.
** NEW IN 2020: Now also available as LIVE, online session! **
We are delighted to announce that for the first time you can choose from two options to join this course:
1) Face-to-Face Session:
Join our face-to-face session in Norway to take full advantage of interaction with our expert instructor. The face-to-face class in Trondheim will take place 22-26 June 2020, from 08:30 to 16:00 each day.
2) Live Online Session:
Participants who register for the online session will receive log-in details in order to join the live session. They will actually participate in the face-to-face session in Trondheim. During the course presentation, a chat function will be available to ask questions.
Please inquire for more information - we look forward to hearing from you and to answering your questions!
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Advanced Gas Condensate Reservoir Management training course is aimed at experienced Reservoir Engineers dealing with the behaviour of condensate systems and who wish to refine their expertise in phase behaviour and multi-phase fluid flow.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
The benefits from attending
By the end of the course you will feel confident in your understanding of:
- “What’s important and why” about gas condensate PVT behaviour
- PVT lab reports and how to use them
- The quantitative importance of condensate blockage on well deliverability
- When gas cycling is opportune, and when not
Training Course Content
The Advanced Gas Condensate Reservoir Management training course will cover the following key areas:
- Introduction and general review of gas condensate reservoir performance
- Sampling methods and laboratory PVT measurements
- Equation-of-state (EOS) fluid characterisation
- Material balance methods including two-phase Z-factor, water influx, trapped gas/condensate and the effect of formation water compressibility
- Long-term well inflow performance, condensate blockage skin and well test interpretation
- Tubing lift performance, minimum lift and erosional velocity
- Special core analysis and relative permeabilities
- Gas cycling considerations, injection patterns, revaporisation and miscibility
- Layered, no-crossflow reservoir and well performance
The course fee covers tuition, course materials, refreshments and lunch per session day and a €100 non-refundable registration fee. Applicable taxes will be added. Course fees do NOT include accommodation or living costs.
Additional computer fee for the face-to-face session: 450 EUR +VAT.
The course is held at a top quality hotel with excellent meeting facilities.
This powerful course is the only available public session on this topic delivered by Curtis Whitson in 2020. Select your preferred option to participate in the course (face-to-face or live online) and register quickly, so you don't miss out!
Provider: HOT Engineering
The HOT Energy Group - A Multidisciplinary Consultancy with Global Activities
The HOT Energy Group (HOT) is a technology driven, multidisciplinary and independent organisation serving the oil & gas industry in its pursuit of recovery and field operations optimisation. With more than three decades of specialist experience in the subsurface domain,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.