There will always be positions available in business administration for the right candidate. You can ensure that that candidate is you by investing in this Administration Diploma to put you ahead of the competition.
What Will I Learn?
Working through 21 modules online at a time to suit you, you’ll develop your administration skills in everything from scheduling a diary and planning effective meetings to booking business travel and invoicing. You’ll also learn the basics of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook, to ensure you have a well-rounded set of computer skills.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Anybody who has a desire to learn more about this subject is encouraged to do this course. The course has no entry requirements.
What Qualifications Do I Need?
Making it ideal for those looking for their first job in administration, as well as those wanting to move up the ladder at work.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On completion of the course you will be awarded a certificate.
Training Course Content
Key Learning Points
- Start with an introduction to the course, looking at the role and responsibilities of a personal assistant/secretary.
- Learn how to effectively manage a diary, including scheduling appointments and how to plan ahead.
- Look at how to develop a user-friendly diary system.
- Learn how to write a good business letter and common mistakes to avoid.
- Understand how to write persuasively while remaining courteous.
- Practise writing and sending faxes, memorandums and emails.
- Improve your professional telephone skills and learn what common mistakes to avoid.
- Discover what to look for when booking a hotel for business travel, plus what to avoid.
- Learn how to plan and execute a successful business trip.
- How to set up a good filing system, including categorising and managing your system, and what to avoid.
- Develop your time management skills and learn how to identify the importance of each task.
- Move on to the topic of invoicing/petty cash.
- Consider the importance of customer care and how it relates to your role.
- Learn how to handle customer complaints, what to avoid and the importance of a good complaints procedure.
- Look at how to plan your work into a schedule, why it’s important and what to avoid.
- Gain an understanding of how to present written documents, including the basics of preparation, presentation and proofreading.
- Improve your confidence at work through the confidence-building module.
- Learn the signs of a lack of self-confidence.
- Develop typing and transcribing skills to a proficient level (or further, depending on your existing level of skill).
- Understand the importance of meetings and how to organise effective ones.
- Boost your workplace relevant Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills, including troubleshooting tips.
- Practise your customer communication and reception skills.
Course delivery details
- Location: Online course
- Course Access: 12 Months
- Go at your own pace.
- There are no time limits for this course.
- This course is compatible with all modern devices and browsers.
- On completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate.
- We are here to help if you have any problems.
With more than 150,000 learners around the world and over 1000 online courses, Harley Oxford is one of the largest elearning platforms around. Looking to learn a new skill or perhaps a hobby, whatever your choice is our courses are...