Accredited IOSH - Managing Safely Course with Exam
Gain a basic entry-level qualification in health and safety via e-Learning’s flexible and easily accessible online learning solution. The course is accredited by The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), Europe’s leading health and safety organisation for health and safety professionals. It is perfect for managers and supervisors in all kinds of organisations and across a broad range of sectors.
The course is designed to promote a better awareness of health and safety best practices to help create a safer working environment, and to ensure that managers and supervisors clearly understand their individual responsibilities.
Each module is designed to help ensure that students fully understand the course material. The exam allows students to put what they have learnt into practice, and equips them with the confidence to be able to take that knowledge and apply it in a workplace setting.
The course is an ideal training option for anyone who has to manage risk and resources. It teaches students how to review their current safety systems, and where appropriate, to introduce new controls and implement changes in order to create a healthier and safer working environment for employers and employees alike.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Anybody who has a desire to learn more about this subject is encouraged to do this course. The course has no entry requirements.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon successful completion of the course, employees are able to:
- Apply basic management principles and health and safety best practices and implement them as part of a complete management strategy.
- Establish achievable health and safety objectives.
- Decide on courses of action to ensure that these health and safety goals are attained.
- Conduct and record basic risk assessments where appropriate, and make recommendations for effective control measures.
- Ensure that adequate health and safety information, supervision and training is accessible and available to all employees.
- Investigate any health and safety incidents and/or accidents, and identify trends so that appropriate action and preventative measures can be put in place.
- Know the requirements when reporting on any health and safety incidents and/or accidents that take place in the workplace.
- Understand the environmental considerations that relate to ensuring the health and safety of employees in the workplace.
Once your exam and practical is successfully completed, you will receive an IOSH accredited certificate directly from IOSH..
Training Course Content
Key Learning Points
- Recognise the importance of managing health and safety in a workplace environment.
- Understand the legalities of implementing a health and safety management strategy in a workplace setting.
- Understand the individual responsibilities of managers and supervisors.
- Recognise health and safety risks that may present themselves in the workplace environment.
- Know the difference between ‘active’ and ‘reactive’ monitoring, and recognise when and how to use these different monitoring approaches correctly and to optimum effect.
Units of Study
- Introducing Managing Safely
- Human Factors
- Assessing Risks
- Controlling Risks
- Understanding your responsibilities
- Identify Hazards
- Investigating Accidents and Incidents
- Measuring Performance
- Protecting Environment
Course delivery details
- Location: Online course
- Course Access: 12 Months
- Go at your own pace.
- There are no time limits for this course.
- This course is compatible with all modern devices and browsers.
- On completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate.
- We are here to help if you have any problems.
With more than 150,000 learners around the world and over 1000 online courses, Harley Oxford is one of the largest elearning platforms around. Looking to learn a new skill or perhaps a hobby, whatever your choice is our courses are...