Legal Secretary Diploma - OnlineGlobal Edulink
Diploma in Legal Secretary
Are you considering a career as a Legal Secretary? Why not give your prospects a boost by enrolling on the Legal Secretary Diploma Course provided by Global Edulink, one of the UK’s leading providers of professional workplace courses?
What does the job of Legal Secretary involve?
The duties of a Legal Secretary are varied. Depending on which department you are employed in, you could find yourself producing legal documents such as wills and court papers, dealing with enquiries from clients, operating a diary management system, keeping financial records, attending court or police cells with solicitors, delivering documents or undertaking a range of administrative duties.
What skills and personal qualities do I need to be a Legal Secretary?
Legal Secretaries are generally expected to be able to demonstrate excellent secretarial skills, computer literacy and attention to detail. Knowledge of law and legal procedures, the ability to multi-task and a polite, helpful manner can also be important.
What does this course involve?
The Legal Secretary Diploma course will teach you all that you need to know about the day-to-day tasks that are involved in running a legal service or a law firm. Our online training programme includes a range of materials such as video tutorials, reading and study materials, an online study platform, and a mentor support service, all of which will help you to study effectively and guide you through the process of developing your legal secretarial skills.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who is this course for?
The Legal Secretary Diploma course is suitable for anyone interested in developing a career in a legal or a business environment.
There are no specific academic entry requirements for this course, and it is open to learners of all backgrounds, aged 17 or over. A reasonable standard of literacy and a moderate level of ICT skills will enable you to get the best out of the course, and an A-C grade in GCSE English could be an advantage. You may also find that a basic knowledge of office administration will help as you go through the course, but this is not essential, and the course can be successfully taken without any prior administrative experience.
Benefits you will gain:
By enrolling in to this course, you’ll get:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- Includes step-by-step tutorial videos and an effective, professional support service.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Access Course Content on Mobile, Tablet or Desktop.
- Study in a user friendly, advanced online learning platform.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Successful candidates will earn a “Diploma for Legal Secretary Training”.
Training Course Content
1. INTRODUCTION INTO LEGAL ENGLISH
2. BASIC LEGAL PRINCIPLES
3. THE ENGLISH LEGAL SYSTEM
4. THE SOURCES OF LAW
5. THE ENGLISH COURTS
6. READING COMPREHENSION
7. LOGICAL REASONING
8. FORMAL LOGIC
9. LEGAL WRITING
10. ENGLISH CONTRACTS
11. GRAMMAR FOR LAW
12. COURSE INTRODUCTION-ENGLISH LEGAL SYSTEM
13. GENERAL LEGAL CONTRACT
14. DEVELOPMENT OF ENGLISH LEGAL SYSTEM
15. CONTRACT LAW
16. CIVIL, CRIMINAL AND EUROPEAN LAW
17. LEGAL WRITING – PART II
18. LEGAL SKILLS
19. HUMAN RIGHTS
20. POLICE AND STATE POWERS
21. DIARY MANAGEMENT
22. BUSINESS REPORTS AND LETTER WRITING
23. E-MAILS WRITING TIPS.
24. HANDLING CONFIDENTIAL DOCUMENTS
25. SUCCESSFUL MEETING MINUTES
26. NOTE TAKING
27. DOCUMENTS PROOFREADING
28. DATA MANAGEMENT, RECORD KEEPING AND FILING
29. APPOINTMENT BOOKING AND ARRANGING INTERVIEWS
30. DELIVERING POSTAL MAIL
32. CUSTOMER SERVICE AND TELEPHONE HANDLING SKILLS
33. ORGANISING A MEETING
34. EVENT PLANNING
35. ARRANGE BUSINESS TRAVEL & ACCOMMODATION
36. TIPS FOR SPEED READING
37. TIME MANAGEMENT
38. CONFIDENCE BUILDING
39. MOTIVATING EMPLOYEES
41. SOCIAL MEDIA FOR PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Method of Assessment
At the end of the course, you will be asked to take an online multiple choice assessment, which is automatically marked and will give you an instant grade.
Global Edulink - together, shaping your future
Global Edulink is an established provider for professional skills training in the United Kingdom. Courses are designed for a wide audience of professionals seeking A-Level training in education, IT, security, English language and office administration. Global Edulink training courses focus on...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.