Diploma in Pet Adoption and CareGlobal Edulink
Diploma in Pet Adoption and Care
Animal care has become a huge industry over the last few years, so it’s no surprise that there are 20,000 animal care businesses in the UK. The animal care sector employs over 200,000 people in the UK, so the industry is always seeking qualified professionals. It has never been a better time to gain an Animal Psychology qualification, and once your qualified you can work in all kinds of establishments, or you could even begin your own Animal Psychology business. As you can see, with an Animal Psychology qualification you’ll have loads of options!
This Diploma in Animal Psychology has been created by experts within the animal care industry, who will take you through comprehensive training, covering fundamental topics such as: how to calm an animal, how to choose the right pet, how to recognise animal behaviour, and how to understand animals. You’ll develop your own excellent animal care technique, which you can use to put into practice in the workplace.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Kennel Assistant
- Dog Groomer
- Zoo Keeper
- Learners should be age 16 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Successful learners will be awarded a Diploma in Animal Psychology – Level 3.
Training Course Content
- Understand how to calm animal fear or anxiety
- Learn how to understand dog behaviour
- Learn how to understand cat behaviour
- Understand rabbit behaviour
- Free examination and e-certificate
- Gain an accredited UK qualification
- Access to excellent quality video tutorials
- Learners will be eligible for an NUS Discount Card
- Excellent tutor support Monday-Friday
- One year’s access to the course
- Support by phone, live chat, and email
- Join a friendly online learning platform
- Module 01: Domestication of pets how pets came from the cold
- Module 02: Choosing a Pet for you
- Module 03: Normal behaviour of dog when your pet is being true to his nature
- Module 04: Juniors and Seniors of dogs and their behavior
- Module 05: If dogs can talk
- Module 06: Calm the pack fear and anxiety
- Module 07: Calm the pack Aggression
- Module 08: How well do you know me, The colourful world of dogs antics explained
- Module 09: Understanding your dogs
- Module 10: Elimination and Issues at feeding time
- Module 11: What is the normal behaviour for a cat
- Module 12: A cat is the only cat who knows where its at
- Module 13: When you have had it with your cat psychiatric challenges
- Module 14: Cat on a griddle
- Module 15: Aggression in Cats
- Module 16: Understanding the Rabbits
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
Course Access Duration:
This course is delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). As this is an online course, you have no set timetable and can study at your own pace. Move through the modules as fast or slow as you wish, and return to previous sections at any point.
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
What job can I get with this diploma?
- Veterinary Care Assistant (average UK yearly salary: £15,482)
Typical duties include:
- Cleaning out and changing bedding
- Ensuring that animal enclosures are maintained
- Grooming and socialising animals
- Preparing food and feeding animals
- Assisting with moving animals
- Dog walking
- Checking for signs of illness
- Keeping relevant records
What other jobs can I get with this diploma?
- Kennel Assistant (average UK yearly salary: £15,600)
- Dog Groomer (average UK yearly salary: £17,798)
- Laboratory Animal Caretaker (average UK yearly salary: £15,482)
- Zoo Keeper (average UK yearly salary: £13,000)
- Dog Walker (average UK yearly salary: £11,120)
Global Edulink - together, shaping your future
Global Edulink is an established provider for professional skills training in the United Kingdom. Courses are designed for a wide audience of professionals seeking A-Level training in education, IT, security, English language and office administration. Global Edulink training courses focus on...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.