Diploma in Animal Care - Level 3Global Edulink
Diploma in Animal Care - Level 3
Animal care has become a huge industry over the last few years, so it’s no surprise that there are 20,000 animal care businesses in the UK: The animal care sector employs over 200,000 people in the UK, so the industry is always seeking qualified professionals. It has never been a better time to gain an animal care qualification, and once your qualified you can work in all kinds of establishments, zoos, kennels, catteries, or you could even begin your own animal care business. As you can see, with an animal care qualification you’ll have loads of options!
This Diploma in Animal Care has been created by experts within the animal care industry, who will take you through comprehensive training, covering fundamental topics such as: dog behaviour, animal breeds, how to recognise and prevent common diseases, and dog learning. You’ll develop your own excellent animal care technique, which you can use to put into practice in the workplace.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Kennel Assistant
- Laboratory Animal Caretaker
- Zoo Keeper
Learners should be age 16 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Successful learners will be awarded a Diploma in Animal Care – Level 3.
Training Course Content
- Develop your own animal care technique
- Understand rabbit and guinea pig breeds
- Learn how to care for birds
- Understand how to care for reptiles
- Free examination and e-certificate
- Gain an accredited UK qualification
- Access to excellent quality video tutorials
- Learners will be eligible for an NUS Discount Card
- Excellent tutor support Monday-Friday
- One year’s access to the course
- Support by phone, live chat, and email
- Join a friendly online learning platform
- Module 01: Dog Behaviors
- Module 02: Dogs Learning
- Module 03: Body Languages
- Module 04: A dogs eye view
- Module 05: How cats behaviour develops as they grow
- Module 06: Abnormal Cat’s Behavior
- Module 07: Reading Cat’s Body Language
- Module 08: Distinctive cat sounds
- Module 09: Cat’s Health Care
- Module 10: Different Breeds of Rabbits & Guinea Pigs
- Module 11: Rabbit or Guinea Pig Needs
- Module 12: Different Breeds of Hamsters, Gerbils, Mice & Exotic Rats
- Module 13: General tips on caring for birds
- Module 14: Recognizing common diseases and preventing spread
- Module 15: How to care for fish
- Module 16: Recognizing disease and what to do
- Module 17: Reptiles
- Module 18: Diseases on Reptiles
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
Course Access Duration:
This course is delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). As this is an online course, you have no set timetable and can study at your own pace. Move through the modules as fast or slow as you wish, and return to previous sections at any point.
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
What job can I get with this diploma?
- Veterinary Care Assistant (average UK yearly salary: £15,482)
Typical duties include:
- Cleaning out and changing bedding
- Ensuring that animal enclosures are maintained
- Grooming and socialising animals
- Preparing food and feeding animals
- Assisting with moving animals
- Dog walking
- Checking for signs of illness
- Keeping relevant records
What other jobs can I get with this diploma?
- Kennel Assistant (average UK yearly salary: £15,600)
- Dog Groomer (average UK yearly salary: £17,798)
- Laboratory Animal Caretaker (average UK yearly salary: £15,482)
- Zoo Keeper (average UK yearly salary: £13,000)
- Dog Walker (average UK yearly salary: £11,120)
Global Edulink - together, shaping your future
Global Edulink is an established provider for professional skills training in the United Kingdom. Courses are designed for a wide audience of professionals seeking A-Level training in education, IT, security, English language and office administration. Global Edulink training courses focus on...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.