CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) – CAS-001Global Edulink
CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) – CAS-001
The current landscape of cybersecurity requires specialised skills to troubleshoot via customised hacks and build solid solutions. Each hack is unique and must be combated with master-level security skills and experience. As a CASP-certified IT professional, you will demonstrate that you can provide the best cybersecurity solutions and protection for organizations worldwide.
Studying with Global Edulink has many advantages. The course material is delivered straight to you, and can be adapted to fit in with your lifestyle. It is created by experts within the industry, meaning you are receiving accurate information, which is up-to-date and easy to understand. This course is comprised of professionally narrated e-Learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests and exams. All delivered through an online learning system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). An effective support service and study materials will build your confidence to study efficiently and guide you to secure your qualification.
This course is designed to teach you the following:
- Enterprise Security
- Risk management and incident response
- Research and analysis
- Integration of computing
- Communications and business disciplines
- Technical integration of enterprise components
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who is this course for?
- Anyone hoping to obtain a career as, or who already works as any of the following: Information Security Managers, Security Architects, Security Engineers or Security Consultants
- Anyone hoping to provide the best cybersecurity solutions for businesses worldwide.
- This course is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds. However, it is recommended that learners sitting this exam have 10 years of experience in IT administration, including at least 5 years of hands-on technical security experience.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Successful candidates will be awarded a CompTIA CAS-001 Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) certificate.
Training Course Content
1. PROCESS OF UNDERLYING SECURITY MODELS
- Process of Underlying Security Models – part 1
- Process of Underlying Security Models – part 2
2. HOW TO SELECT SECURITY?
3. UNDERSTANDING CRYPTOGRAPHY
- Understanding Cryptography – Part 1
- Understanding Cryptography – Part 2
4. STORAGE TIPS
5. VIRTUAL COMPUTING METHODOLOGIES
- Virtual Computing Methodologies – Part 1
- Virtual Computing Methodologies – Part 2
6. DEFINITION OF IPV6
7. REMOTE ACCESS SECURITY TECHNIQUES
8. STUDYING DOMAIN NAME SYSTEM
- Studying Domain Name System – Part 1
- Studying Domain Name System – Part 2
9. WORKING WITH DIRECTORY SERVICES
10. LEARNING OF FIREWALL AND VPN
- Learning of Firewall and VPN – 1
- Learning of Firewall and VPN – Part 2
11. SECURITY CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES
12. UNDERSTANDING NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE SECURITY
13. OVERVIEW OF SECURE WEB SERVICES - PART 1
- Overview of Secure Web Services – Part 1
- Overview of Secure Web Services – Part 2
14. DEFINE BUFFER OVERFLOWS AND SQL INJECTION
- What are Buffer Overflows?
- Definition of SQL Injection
15. PROCESS OF ACCESS CONTROLLING AND SINGLE SIGN
- Process of Access Controlling
- Single Sign-On Tips
16. PROCESS OF RISK ASSESSMENT AND ASSESSMENT TECHNIQUES
- Process of Risk Assessment
- Testing and Assessment Techniques
17. DEFINITIN OF COMMON VULNERABILITY
- Definitin of Common Vulnerability
- Understanding Common Criteria
18. WHAT ARE PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION?
19. UNDERSTANDING OF RISK MANAGEMENT
20. DEFINITIONS OF FRAMEWORKS
21. EXPLORE INTERCONNECTING SYSTEMS, SECURITY SERVICES AND CONTINUOUS MONITORING
- Explore Interconnecting Systems
- Learning about Security Services
- Process of Continuous Monitoring
22. WAY OF INCIDENT HANDLING AND INCIDENT RESPONSE
- Way of Incident Handling
- Learning Forensic & Incident Response
23. WHAT IS REQUIREMENTS PROCESSING? & STANDARDS BODIES
- What is Requirements Processing?
- Identifying Standards Bodies
24. OVERVIEW OF SECURE SYSTEM LIFE CYCLE
25. DEFINE OF EMAIL, BYOD AND VOICE OVER IP
- Overview of Email
- Exploring Mobile and BYOD
- Definition of Voice Over IP
26. PROCESS OF PHYSICAL FACILITIES ASSESSMENT
- Process of Physical Facilities Assessment
- Understanding Security Requirements Traceability Matrix
Benefits you will gain:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card
- Recognised Accredited Qualification
- Excellent customer service and administrative support
The method of Assessment:
[The CompTIA CAS-001 Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) has a maximum of 90 questions. The questions are multiple choice and performance based questions. The exam is 165 minutes long and is a pass/fail exam only, there is no scaled score. The exam can be taken in the following languages: English]
Recommended experience: It is recommended that learners sitting this exam have 10 years of experience in IT administration, including at least 5 years of hands-on technical security experience.
Please note: The official exam is not included and needs to be purchased separately.
Global Edulink - together, shaping your future
Global Edulink is an established provider for professional skills training in the United Kingdom. Courses are designed for a wide audience of professionals seeking A-Level training in education, IT, security, English language and office administration. Global Edulink training courses focus on...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.