Abnormal PsychologyGlobal Edulink
Are you interested in studying human behaviour?
This Abnormal Psychology course is the perfect opportunity. Abnormal Psychology is a division of Psychology that deals with any behaviour deemed to be unusual which cannot be categorised by a known mental illness. This specialist area is particularly useful in the field of clinical psychology, so if you hope to study clinical psychology, or hope to become a clinical psychologist, then this course would be ideal.
The course is divided into modules which are comprehensive and very informative. Learners will gain insight into clinical research, different models of abnormal behaviour, and the ethics of psychological research. As well as this, study different behaviour states, such as dissociative disorders, personality disorders, and cognitive disorder to name just a few. Learners who complete this course successfully will have a well-rounded and technical knowledge of the subject, having gained skills which can be transferred to further study, or work.
Learning with Global Edulink has many advantages. The course material is delivered straight to you and can be adapted to fit in with your lifestyle. It is created by experts within the industry, meaning you are receiving accurate information, which is up-to-date and easy to understand.
This course is comprised of professionally narrated e-Learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests, and exams. All delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). An effective support service and study materials will build your confidence to secure your qualification.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who is this course for?
- This course would be very suitable for anyone hoping to go on to higher study, or those hoping to work in Psychology, particularly clinical psychology.
- This course would also benefit people hoping to go on to further study of psychology.
Learners must be age 16 or over and should have a basic understanding of the English Language, numeracy, literacy, and ICT.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be awarded a certificate in Abnormal Psychology.
Training Course Content
1. WHAT IS ABNORMAL PSYCHOLOGY? & CLINICAL RESEARCH.
- What is Abnormal Psychology?
- Understanding Clinical research in abnormal psychology
2. WHAT IS BIOLOGICAL PSYCHOLOGY?
3. UNDERSTANDING THE PSYCHODYNAMICBEHAVIORAL, MODEL AND ABNORMAL FUNCTIONING
- Understanding the Psychodynamic Model and Abnormal Functioning
- Understanding the Behavioral Model and Abnormal Functioning
4. UNDERSTANDING THE COGNITIVE MODEL, HUMANISTIC-EXISTENTIAL AND ABNORMAL FUNCTIONING
- Understanding the Cognitive Model and Abnormal Functioning
- Understanding the Humanistic-Existential Model of Abnormal Functioning
5. UNDERSTANDING SOCIOCULTURAL MODEL AND ABNORMAL FUNCTIONING
6. WHAT IS DIATHESIS STRESS MODEL IN PSYCHOLOGY?
7. CLINICAL ASSESSMENT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL DISORDERS
8. UNDERSTANDING MOOD AND MANAGING ANXIETY DISORDERS
- Understanding and Managing Anxiety Disorders
- Understanding Mood Disorders
9. UNDERSTANDING SOMATOFORM AND MANAGING STRESS DISORDERS
- Understanding and Managing Stress Disorders
- Understanding and Managing Somatoform Disorders
10. WHAT IS DISSOCIATIVE DISORDER AND ANOREXIA NERVOSA?
- What is Dissociative Disorder?
- What is Anorexia Nervosa?
11. SEXUAL DYSFUNCTION & GENDER IDENTITY DISORDERS
12. OVERVIEW OF SUBSTANCE AND PSYCHOTIC USE DISORDERS
- Overview of Substance Use Disorders
- An Overview of Psychotic Disorders
13. INTRODUCTION TO COGNITIVE AND LIFESPAN DEVELOPMENT DISORDERS
- Introduction to Cognitive Disorders
- Introduction to Lifespan Development Disorders
14. TYPES OF PERSONALITY AND FACTITIOUS DISORDERS
- Types of Personality Disorders
- An Overview of Factitious Disorders
15. TREATMENTS OF ABNORMALITY AND ETHICAL AND LEGAL ISSUES
- Treatments of Abnormality
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Abnormal Psychology
Benefits you will gain:
- High-quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- The benefit of applying for NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course, learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
This course could help you become any of the following:
- Clinical Psychologist
- Educational Psychologist
- Forensic Psychologist
- Health Psychologist
- Occupational Psychologist
- Sports Psychologist
Global Edulink - together, shaping your future
Global Edulink is an established provider for professional skills training in the United Kingdom. Courses are designed for a wide audience of professionals seeking A-Level training in education, IT, security, English language and office administration. Global Edulink training courses focus on...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.