Communicating in a Technical Environment
The specialised content of this course will allow Participants to return to work with a set of tools that can be applied immediately and effectively to noticeably improve their communication style.
In order to extend your influence and authority in your organisation you need to be able to communicate ideas and concepts effectively to a wide audience, and in a non-technical way.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is specifically designed for professionals from technical backgrounds.
Training Course Content
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of effective communication and your role in generating clear communications
- Understand the factors which impact communication
- Appreciate the difference between formal and informal communication
- Choose the right medium of communication for the right audience
- Employ the differences in personal perspectives and the tactics to bring people together
- Use transparent communication to establish trust with your colleagues and clients
- Get to win-win by employing collaborative communication instead of competitive
- Explore your own personal approach to communication through the use of a profiling tool.
- The importance of effective communication
- What impacts effective communication
- Exploring your own personal approach to communication through the use of a profiling tool
- Using the right medium to communicate effectively
- Emotional intelligence
- Transparent and open communication
- Getting to a ‘win/win’ solution
- Creating communication strategies to engage with your key stakeholders.
Focus on Training: Best Practice Skills from the Specialists
Focus on Training is a professional training company specialising in offering accredited Project Management and IT programmes. With over 10,000 courses offered in over 100 locations throughout the United Kingdom, Focus is a premier training provider. All programmes can be booked online...