Administering Windows Server 2012Focus on Training
Administering Windows Server 2012
This five-day course from Focus on Training is designed for experienced IT system administrators who are looking for the skills needed to manage and maintain the core infrastructure required for a Windows Server 2012 environment.
The course utilises pre-release software in the virtual machines for the labs.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is for experienced system administrators working in a Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012.
It will also benefit those looking to take Exam 70-411: Administering Windows Server 2012, or to acquire the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) credential, either in its own right, or in order to proceed in acquiring the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) credentials, for which the MCSA credential is a prerequisite.
- At least one years experience working with Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012
- Good knowledge and understanding of Active Directory and Networking Infrastructure
- Knowledge equivalent to the learning's covered in the “20410A:Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012” course, as this course will build upon that knowledge
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Participants will learn how to:
- Implement a Group Policy Infrastructure
- Manage User Desktops with Group Policy
- Manage User and Service Accounts
- Maintain Active Directory Domain Services
- Configure and Troubleshoot DNS
- Configure and Troubleshoot Remote Access
- Install, Configure, and Troubleshoot the Network Policy Server role
- Implement Network Access Protection
- Optimize File Services
- Configure Encryption and Advanced Auditing
- Monitor Windows Server 2012
- Deploy and Maintain Server Images
- Implement Update Management
Training Course Content
This course is part two of a series of three courses, which provide the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 Infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment.
This course will primarily cover the administration tasks necessary to maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure, such as user and group management, network access and data security. It is also preparation material for Exam 70-412: Administering Windows Server 2012.
Focus on Training: Best Practice Skills from the Specialists
Focus on Training is a professional training company specialising in offering accredited Project Management and IT programmes. With over 10,000 courses offered in over 100 locations throughout the United Kingdom, Focus is a premier training provider. All programmes can be booked online...