2020 - Finance for Non-Finance Managers - Online (1 Day)Excellence in Learning
2020 Finance for Non-Finance Managers - Online
Chartered Management Institute Recognised Training Centre for Director Training Courses.
This course is assessed as “Excellent” by its delegates. To ensure that the executives attending this training course will continue to get the maximum possible benefit; the delegate numbers will be limited to a maximum of 8.
This 1 day Finance course will enable you to read, analyse and interpret any set of Financial Statements, including the Balance Sheet, the Profit & Loss Account and the Cash Flow statements. You will become familiar with techniques such as Net Asset Value, P/E Ratios, ROCE, ROI, Gearing, Current Ratio, Quick Ratio, Stock Days, Debtor Days and Creditor Days Enterprise Value and EBITDA. You will recognise and understand the impact of the Fundamental Accounting Concepts and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, GAAP, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, on any Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Account. Costing methods based upon break even analysis and contribution analysis will be contrasted with overhead cost allocation approaches to identify their relative strengths and weaknesses. It will provide a good understanding of cash management and forecasting. You will be able to manage the relationship between ROCE, ROI and Gearing. The theoretical knowledge will be reinforced by very practical hands on case studies.
Formal Certificates of Professional Development will be issued to participants who successfully complete this training course. These certificates will be accepted as evidence for CPD purposes by most professional institutes and associations, including the Law Society, the CIM, the CMI, the ICAEW, the Institute of Learning and the CIPD.
Suitability - Who should attend?
All Senior Executives would benefit from attending this course, from department heads right up to the Chief Executive and the Chairman/Chairwoman. This is because most people have absorbed their financial knowledge piecemeal from those colleagues with financial skills that they have encountered. This means their knowledge is patchy and incomplete. This course will provide a solid and complete financial knowledge base.
These are some of the executives who would benefit from this course: Chief Executive Officers, Board Chairmen and Board Chairs, IT Directors, Logistics Directors, Operations Directors, HR Directors, Technical Directors, Commercial Directors, Sales Directors, Marketing Directors, Company Secretaries, General Managers, all Non-Executive Directors, all Trustees, all Investors, all Board Consultants and Advisors, all Department Heads, and any other managers or executives interested in improving their financial skills and knowledge for the benefit of their organisation and their personal career development.
To ensure that the executives attending this training course will get the maximum possible benefit from their time and that the discussions will be at their most effective; the delegate numbers will be limited to a maximum of 8.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Formal Certificates of Professional Development will be issued to participants who successfully complete this training course, in print for the 2-day training course and by email for the 1-day training course. These certificates will be accepted as evidence for CPD purposes by most professional institutes and associations, including the Law Society, the CIM, the CMI, the ICAEW, the Institute of Learning and the CIPD.
Training Course Content
Accounting and the Law
- Accounting principles, policies & GAAP accounting
- Terminology & Jargon
- The different legal structures under which organisations can operate and their advantages and disadvantages
- The two different sets of accounting standards (rules) available and how to choose between them at a senior level
The Three Key Financial Statements
- Balance Sheets: Assets; Liabilities; Net current assets, capital employed and how to interpret the information
- Profit & Loss Account, Types of profit, and the layout & use of the profit & loss account
- Cash Flow Statements: Importance of cash flow and Impact of credit and credit control, Problems affecting cash flow, Dealing with Debtors and Creditors
Using Key Ratios to Analyse Accounts and to Support Investment Decisions
- Return on Capital Employed (ROCE)
- Current Ratios and Quick Ratios
- Debtor Days and Creditor Days
- Stock days and Stock Turn
- Investment decisions and Return on Investment (ROI)
- Gearing and its impact upon risk and returns; is the level of borrowing too risky?
- Liquidity, could the company hit cash flow problems?
- Profitability, how well is the company doing?
Working Capital Management and Cash Flows
- Converting operating profits into cash flow
- Cash forecasts
- Cash Management and Liquidity
Revenue and Capital Expenditure
- Capital Expenditure and Revenue Expenditure
- Phasing of capital spend and its implications for budget holders
Depreciation and Amortisation of Assets and liabilities
- What is Depreciation
- What is Amortisation
- Goodwill; its purpose, calculation and impact
Costing and the Impact of Costing Assumptions on Business Decisions
- Cost types & behaviours and their Impact on decisions
- Break-even and Contribution Analysis
- How costs are determined
- Direct and Indirect Costs: Fixed, Mixed and Variable costs
- Activity Based Costing (ABC) and Activity Based Management (ABM)
- Standard Costing, Marginal Costing, Absorption Costing and Activity Based Costing (ABC)
- How frequently used cost allocation methods and calculated profitability by product can cause incorrect key strategic decision making
- Predicting and maximising profits
- How the chosen cost structure can affect the planning and decision making process
Basic Company Valuations
- EBITDA (Earnings Before Interest, Taxation, Depreciation and Amortisation) and PE ratio valuations
- What is your company worth?
- What are other companies worth?
- Goodwill; its purpose, calculation and impact on profit
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Excellence in Learning - Quality Development for the Learning Community
We provide training courses, internally and on an open scheduled basis. These training courses will give you all of the essential information needed for you and your organisation to be successful. These are delivered in a professional and easily understandable...