Emphasis 360: online business-writing training
Through this online course from Emphasis Training Limited, participants will learn how to transform their writing and experience of writing using a series of 52 individual and engaging lessons that cover all of the elements of writing, from research to proofreading and everything in between.
Through this course, participants will:
- Explore new writing techniques
- Write confidently and clearly, using plain English
- Think critically about your language choices
- Learn how to beat procrastination and get started
- Know how to engage readers using journalistic techniques
- Create readable, targeted documents
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is ideal for anyone who has to write at work, regardless of industry or sector.
Training Course Content
This course is broken up into the following lessons:
- Lesson 1: A formula for writing any email
- Lesson 2: How to catch any error
- Lesson 3: How much does grammar matter?
- Lesson 4: Grabbing attention – a sure-fire technique for introductions
- Lesson 5: Get your emails opened
- Lesson 6: How to supercharge any sentence
- Lesson 7: In defence of jargon
- Lesson 8: Get the best from lists and bullets
- Lesson 9: Are you a good KISSer?
- Lesson 10: How to unlock the information in your brain
- Lesson 11: Manage email before it manages you
- Lesson 12: Are these words dragging your writing down?
- Lesson 13: Email quality control
- Lesson 14: How to build a persuasive argument
- Lesson 15: Using mind maps to research and plan
- Lesson 16: Using mind maps, part 2 – finding the structure
- Lesson 17: How to punctuate bullet lists
- Lesson 18: Apostrophes – master the fundamentals
- Lesson 19: That or which?
- Lesson 20: Is email best this time?
- Lesson 21: The questions you should ask yourself every time you write
- Lesson 22: Are your sentences back to front?
- Lesson 23: Myth-hunting: is it OK to use singular 'they'?
- Lesson 24: No offence – the do's and don'ts of email etiquette
- Lesson 25: Ellipses: proceed with caution ...
- Lesson 26: Don't let these confusing words kill your credibility
- Lesson 27: Sentences that don't throw your reader off-track
- Lesson 28: The top 5 rules of international emailing
- Lesson 29: How to use ‘however’
- Lesson 30: Show, don't tell: 5 words on trial
- Lesson 31: Dash or hyphen – what’s the difference?
- Lesson 32: How to tackle tricky emails
- Lesson 33: The secrets of effective subheadings
- Lesson 34: Unlock your documents with this journalist's formula
- Lesson 35: The benefits of getting active
- Lesson 36: Does it ever pay to be passive?
- Lesson 37: Why you need to be direct
- Lesson 38: Structure your bid's executive summary for success
- Lesson 39: Exactly what gives your writing impact
- Lesson 40: Build your message brick by brick
- Lesson 41: When bullets can backfire – and three better alternatives
- Lesson 42: Four ways to go out with a bang
- Lesson 43: How to make an impact with numbers
- Lesson 44: Three more attention-grabbing intros to hook your reader
- Lesson 45: The simple design tricks for readable (and read) documents
- Lesson 46: The best format for reports
- Lesson 47: 3 more grammar myths debunked
- Lesson 48: Get the tone right
- Lesson 49: A new way to research, part 1
- Lesson 50: A new way to research, part 2
- Lesson 51: Word hacks: transform your tables
- Lesson 52: 11 ways to beat procrastination and get started
The content can be worked through in any order to strengthen your writing skills, or you can treat it as a reference and dip into lessons at point of need.
You can subscribe to this online course for £15 per month or £150 per year. Contact the provider for further information.
Emphasis Training – business-writing and communication-skills training trusted by over 5,000 organisations and 50,000 delegates worldwide.
With over 20 years of experience delivering business-writing and communication-skills training, Emphasis has built an unrivalled reputation, reaching over 50,000 satisfied delegates across the globe. Today, everyone from individuals to entire companies can learn effective business writing and communication skills...