ACCA Applied Skills
Ready to build on your existing knowledge and understanding? Applied Skills develops that knowledge and gives you the strong and practical finance understanding that professional accountants need, no matter what sector or industry they are in.
ACCA Applied Skills is for you if you’ve already got some finance experience and learning under your belt and are serious about advancing in accountancy. The subjects that you will learn are essential if you’re wanting to become a strategic accountant in any sector or industry.
Suitability - Who should attend?
If you have completed the Applied Knowledge level, the final level of AAT or the Foundation Diploma, you will start studying at the Applied Skills Level.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Completing these exams plus the Ethics and Professional skills module will mean that you will achieve the Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business which is benchmarked at a UK Bachelor’s university degree.
Training Course Content
Applied Skills builds on your existing knowledge and understanding and gives you more practical finance skills. By the end of the course you will have covered:
- Corporate and Business Law England (LW – formerly F4)
- Performance Management (PM – formerly F5)
- Taxation (TX – formerly F6)
- Financial Reporting (FR – formerly F7)
- Audit and Assurance (AA – formerly F8)
- Financial Management (FM – formerly F9)
Course delivery details
What support will I get?
- You’re fully supported with access to expert tutors, 7 days a week responding via email within 4 working hours
- You’ll also be assigned a mentor to help and guide you through the order of subjects to study in and check that the level you’re starting at is right for you. You can also contact them wherever you need to throughout your course and get a response within 24 hours Monday to Friday
- Monthly Course Subscription: £55
- Quarterly Course Subscription: £150
- Yearly Course Subscription: £530
You can study AAT, ACCA, and CIMA with us, and as a subscriber you get access to all levels in the course. Content is always available and always up to date, no restrictions.
Need to go back and revise a certain area? No problem. We don’t cut off access and you pay the same fee throughout your studies. We won’t charge you any more for your next level, unlike some other training providers.
We’re always on hand when you need us. And always looking out for you. As a subscriber, you’ll get:
- Unlimited, expert academic support via email, 7 days a week. We promise 4-hour response times during working hours, to keep you on track
- Unlimited mentor support, 5 days a week (during working hours). Get answers to any general enquiries.
- The latest course content, powered by Kaplan, always available for as long as you subscribe
- Exclusive discounts on Osborne Books and Kaplan Publishing hard copy materials – 50% off the retail price
- Online study texts, revision kits, practice questions, and study programmes, all approved by accountancy experts
- Our famous Study Buddy for AAT courses – an outline of key course material that replaces the tutor in the classroom and guides you through each module
- Flat-rate fees throughout your AAT, ACCA or CIMA course – no price increases when you complete a level
- No financial tie-ins, no minimum terms, no catch
- No hidden fees when you stop your subscription
Job roles that could follow this level of the qualification include:
- Finance Trainee
- Trainee business analyst
- Internal auditor
You can also now progress onto the Strategic Professional level to complete your ACCA qualification.
ACCA also have a partnership with Oxford Brookes University, which means you can gain a BSc (Hons) degree in Applied Accounting while you work towards completing your Applied Skills exams.
You are automatically opted into the degree when you register as a student with ACCA, if you are eligible.
We’re here to give people the freedom to learn, live life and feel great. For nearly 20 years, we’ve built a strong reputation for supporting learners to succeed with their AAT qualification through flexible distance learning courses. We’ve now widened...