ACCA Applied Knowledge
ACCA Applied Knowledge gives you the essential building blocks for a successful career in accountancy and finance. You’ll get a broad understanding of accountancy techniques – just what you need to get started. ACCA Applied Knowledge is for you if you want to develop the skills to become a professional accountant.
Suitability - Who should attend?
If you’re AAT qualified, you’re exempt from this level and can start ACCA Applied Skills straight away.
If you’ve graduated with a degree accredited by ACCA, you may be eligible for exemptions from both Applied Knowledge and Applied Skills.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of ACCA Applied Knowledge you’ll have learnt about basic business and management principles and the skills required of an accountant. Hopefully it will inspire you to keep going in an accounting career.
Training Course Content
Business and Technology (BT – formerly Accountant in Business (AB))
This subject will introduce you to basic business principles and how the different systems within business interact with each other.
Management Accounting (MA – formerly F2)
You’ll learn accountancy techniques to support management in planning, controlling and monitoring performance in a range of business contexts.
Financial Accounting (FA – formerly F3)
You’ll learn the underlying concepts relating to financial accounting, and techniques such as double entry accounting and the preparation of basic financial statements.
Course delivery details
What support will I get?
- You’re fully supported with access to expert tutors, 7 days a week responding via email within 4 working hours
- You’ll also be assigned a mentor to help and guide you through the order of subjects to study in and check that the level you’re starting at is right for you. You can also contact them wherever you need to throughout your course and get a response within 24 hours Monday to Friday
- Monthly Course Subscription: £55
- Quarterly Course Subscription: £150
- Yearly Course Subscription: £530
You can study AAT, ACCA, and CIMA with us, and as a subscriber you get access to all levels in the course. Content is always available and always up to date, no restrictions.
Need to go back and revise a certain area? No problem. We don’t cut off access and you pay the same fee throughout your studies. We won’t charge you any more for your next level, unlike some other training providers.
We’re always on hand when you need us. And always looking out for you. As a subscriber, you’ll get:
- Unlimited, expert academic support via email, 7 days a week. We promise 4-hour response times during working hours, to keep you on track
- Unlimited mentor support, 5 days a week (during working hours). Get answers to any general enquiries.
- The latest course content, powered by Kaplan, always available for as long as you subscribe
- Exclusive discounts on Osborne Books and Kaplan Publishing hard copy materials – 50% off the retail price
- Online study texts, revision kits, practice questions, and study programmes, all approved by accountancy experts
- Our famous Study Buddy for AAT courses – an outline of key course material that replaces the tutor in the classroom and guides you through each module
- Flat-rate fees throughout your AAT, ACCA or CIMA course – no price increases when you complete a level
- No financial tie-ins, no minimum terms, no catch
- No hidden fees when you stop your subscription
If you choose to stop at this level you could become a trainee bookkeeper or an administrator.
Alternatively you could continue your studies with the Applied Skills level.
We’re here to give people the freedom to learn, live life and feel great. For nearly 20 years, we’ve built a strong reputation for supporting learners to succeed with their AAT qualification through flexible distance learning courses. We’ve now widened...