AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting (Level 4 )
Do you want a fulfilling career in accountancy? Have you passed AAT Level 3 or an equivalent accounting qualification? We can help you reach your goal by studying AAT Level 4 Accountancy.
This level builds on the knowledge you gained in the Advanced Diploma (Level 3). You will cover higher accounting tasks including drafting financial statements, managing budgets and evaluating financial performance. There are also optional specialist units including business tax, personal tax, external auditing and credit management and cash and treasury management. After qualifying you can work in accounting roles or progress onto studying chartered accountancy.
Suitability - Who should attend?
To progress comfortably on this course, you’ll need to have good accounting knowledge and be able to perform all the financial and management accounting tasks which are tested on the AAT Level 3 course. Plus you’ll need a good standard of English literacy and basic maths skills. We recommend you register with AAT before starting this course. This will give you your AAT student number, which enables you to enter for assessments.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to apply complex accounting principles, concepts and rules to prepare the financial statements of a limited company. You’ll also learn management accounting techniques to aid decision making and control, and prepare and monitor budgets, and measure performance.
Training Course Content
Financial Statements of Limited Companies
- Reporting frameworks, rules and regulations
- Preparing a published set of accounts
- Consolidating financial statements
- Interpreting financial statements using ratio analysis
Management Accounting: Budgeting
- Preparing forecasts for income and expenditure
- Preparing and monitoring budgets (fixed and flexed)
- Reporting information to management
Management Accounting: Decision and Control
- Analysing and evaluating a range of costing techniques
- Standard costing to improve performance
- Statistical techniques to analyse business information
- Financial and non-financial performance techniques to aid decision making
Accounting Systems and Controls
- Evaluating internal control systems, accounting systems and making recommendations for improvements
Options units (choose two)
For sole traders, partnerships and limited companies:
- Understand principles, rules and regulations
- Complete tax returns
- Provide advice with respect to UK tax
- Understand the principles, rules and regulations that underpin taxation systems
- Calculate a UK taxpayer’s total income (using a variety of income sources)
- Calculate income tax and national insurance contributions
- Account for capital gains tax and the basics of inheritance tax
- The principles of auditing
- Evaluate the planning process and procedures in an accounting system and obtain audit evidence
Cash and Treasury Management
- Using statistical techniques for preparing forecasts, cash receipts and payments
- Prepare cash budgets and monitor cash flows
- Regulation and government monitoring policies
- Raising finance and investing surplus funds
- Legislation and contract law
- Assessing credit risk and granting credit
- Debt collection techniques
- Evaluating credit control procedures and making recommendations
Course delivery details
What support will I get?
- You’re fully supported with access to expert tutors, 7 days a week responding via email within 4 working hours
- You’ll also be assigned a mentor to help and guide you through the order of subjects to study in and check that the level you’re starting at is right for you. You can also contact them wherever you need to throughout your course and get a response within 24 hours Monday to Friday
You can start studying when you’re ready, at a time and place that suits your lifestyle. Most people complete this course in 12 to 18 months, although you’ll set the pace of learning and work towards your preferred completion date.
- Monthly Course Subscription: £45
- Quarterly Course Subscription: £120
- Yearly Course Subscription: £430
You can study AAT, ACCA, and CIMA with us, and as a subscriber you get access to all levels in the course. Content is always available and always up to date, no restrictions.
Need to go back and revise a certain area? No problem. We don’t cut off access and you pay the same fee throughout your studies. We won’t charge you any more for your next level, unlike some other training providers.
We’re always on hand when you need us. And always looking out for you. As a subscriber, you’ll get:
- Unlimited, expert academic support via email, 7 days a week. We promise 4-hour response times during working hours, to keep you on track
- Unlimited mentor support, 5 days a week (during working hours). Get answers to any general enquiries.
- The latest course content, powered by Kaplan, always available for as long as you subscribe
- Exclusive discounts on Osborne Books and Kaplan Publishing hard copy materials – 50% off the retail price
- Online study texts, revision kits, practice questions, and study programmes, all approved by accountancy experts
- Our famous Study Buddy for AAT courses – an outline of key course material that replaces the tutor in the classroom and guides you through each module
- Flat-rate fees throughout your AAT, ACCA or CIMA course – no price increases when you complete a level
- No financial tie-ins, no minimum terms, no catch
- No hidden fees when you stop your subscription
After you’ve passed this level, you can work in a variety of jobs including forensic accountant, tax manager, accountancy consultant and finance analyst, earning salaries of up to £37,000 as you advance and gain experience.
AAT full members (MAAT) and fellow members (FMAAT) are eligible for exemptions that allow you to take the fast track route to chartered accountant status. You can stay with the same training provider. Eagle offers affordable courses approved by the ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) which you can subscribe to.
We’re here to give people the freedom to learn, live life and feel great. For nearly 20 years, we’ve built a strong reputation for supporting learners to succeed with their AAT qualification through flexible distance learning courses. We’ve now widened...