AAT Level 3 Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping
Have you already got some bookkeeping experience and want to build on it? Or have you done Level 2 and now need to cement your learning? Level 3 Bookkeeping is the qualification for you.
AAT Level 3 in Bookkeeping is suited for those who want to continue learning more advanced bookkeeping skills, and are looking to work in roles such as accounts manager, professional bookkeeper, and ledger manager. The course is made up of three units: Advanced Bookkeeping (AVBK), Final Accounts Preparation (FAPR) and Indirect Tax (IDRX).
Suitability - Who should attend?
Anyone can start at Level 3, but we recommend that you have done Level 2 first, as the qualification builds on existing knowledge.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the AAT Level 3 Bookkeeping course, you will be able to confidently apply the principles of double-entry bookkeeping, be able to prepare final accounts, and understand VAT legislation, VAT returns and the implications of errors. There are three areas to study, made up of various subjects.
Training Course Content
- Advanced double-entry bookkeeping skills
- Capital expenditure and managing non-current assets
- Period end adjustments: inventory, depreciation, irrecoverable debts, doubtful debts, accruals and prepayments
- The extended trial balance
Final Accounts Preparation
- Preparing accounting records from incomplete information
- Producing accounts for sole traders and partnerships
- Applying rules and regulations
Indirect Tax (VAT)
- Understanding and applying legislation
- Preparing VAT returns
Course delivery details
What support will I get?
- You’re fully supported with access to expert tutors, 7 days a week responding via email within 4 hours, during opening hours
- You’ll also be assigned a mentor to help and guide you through the order of subjects to study in and check that the level you’re starting at is right for you. You can also contact them wherever you need to throughout your course and get a response within 24 hours Monday to Friday
- Monthly Course Subscription: £45
- Quarterly Course Subscription: £120
- Yearly Course Subscription: £430
You can study AAT, ACCA, and CIMA with us, and as a subscriber you get access to all levels in the course. Content is always available and always up to date, no restrictions.
Need to go back and revise a certain area? No problem. We don’t cut off access and you pay the same fee throughout your studies. We won’t charge you any more for your next level, unlike some other training providers.
We’re always on hand when you need us. And always looking out for you. As a subscriber, you’ll get:
- Unlimited, expert academic support via email, 7 days a week. We promise 4-hour response times during working hours, to keep you on track
- Unlimited mentor support, 5 days a week (during working hours). Get answers to any general enquiries.
- The latest course content, powered by Kaplan, always available for as long as you subscribe
- Exclusive discounts on Osborne Books and Kaplan Publishing hard copy materials – 50% off the retail price
- Online study texts, revision kits, practice questions, and study programmes, all approved by accountancy experts
- Our famous Study Buddy for AAT courses – an outline of key course material that replaces the tutor in the classroom and guides you through each module
- Flat-rate fees throughout your AAT, ACCA or CIMA course – no price increases when you complete a level
- No financial tie-ins, no minimum terms, no catch
- No hidden fees when you stop your subscription
You can now work as a qualified bookkeeper, or continue your studies and get the full AAT qualification.
We’re here to give people the freedom to learn, live life and feel great. For nearly 20 years, we’ve built a strong reputation for supporting learners to succeed with their AAT qualification through flexible distance learning courses. We’ve now widened...