AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping
Do you want to become a bookkeeper and work in any business sector you like? No experience but eager to learn? Well then this is the qualification for you.
This qualification will give you the skills to become a bookkeeper, and you’ll gain an industry-recognised qualification. Plus, you’ll have the option to move onto the full AAT qualification when you finish. The course is made up of two units: Bookkeeping Transactions (BTRN) and Bookkeeping controls (BKCL).
Suitability - Who should attend?
You don’t need any previous accounting experience or qualifications to start studying AAT bookkeeping, just a willingness to learn. It’s ideal if you’re a school or university leaver, or thinking of changing career.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the AAT Level 2 Bookkeeping course, you will be able to confidently process daily business transactions in a manual and computerised bookkeeping system. This course provides comprehensive coverage of the traditional double-entry bookkeeping system which underpins accounting processes world-wide.
Training Course Content
- Double-entry bookkeeping skills
- Using business documents
- Applying discounts and VAT
- Processing customer and supplier transactions
- Processing receipts and payments
- Using a cash book and petty cash book
- Extracting a trial balance
- Using controls in a bookkeeping system
- Using and reconciling control accounts
- Using the journal and suspense account
- Correcting errors in the system
- Reconciling the bank
Course delivery details
What support will I get?
- You’re fully supported with access to expert tutors, 7 days a week responding via email within 4 hours, during opening hours
- You’ll also be assigned a mentor to help and guide you through the order of subjects to study in and check that the level you’re starting at is right for you. You can also contact them wherever you need to throughout your course and get a response within 24 hours Monday to Friday
- Monthly Course Subscription: £45
- Quarterly Course Subscription: £120
- Yearly Course Subscription: £430
You can study AAT, ACCA, and CIMA with us, and as a subscriber you get access to all levels in the course. Content is always available and always up to date, no restrictions.
Need to go back and revise a certain area? No problem. We don’t cut off access and you pay the same fee throughout your studies. We won’t charge you any more for your next level, unlike some other training providers.
We’re always on hand when you need us. And always looking out for you. As a subscriber, you’ll get:
- Unlimited, expert academic support via email, 7 days a week. We promise 4-hour response times during working hours, to keep you on track
- Unlimited mentor support, 5 days a week (during working hours). Get answers to any general enquiries.
- The latest course content, powered by Kaplan, always available for as long as you subscribe
- Exclusive discounts on Osborne Books and Kaplan Publishing hard copy materials – 50% off the retail price
- Online study texts, revision kits, practice questions, and study programmes, all approved by accountancy experts
- Our famous Study Buddy for AAT courses – an outline of key course material that replaces the tutor in the classroom and guides you through each module
- Flat-rate fees throughout your AAT, ACCA or CIMA course – no price increases when you complete a level
- No financial tie-ins, no minimum terms, no catch
- No hidden fees when you stop your subscription
You could start work as an entry-level bookkeeper or continue on with AAT Level 3 Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping.
We’re here to give people the freedom to learn, live life and feel great. For nearly 20 years, we’ve built a strong reputation for supporting learners to succeed with their AAT qualification through flexible distance learning courses. We’ve now widened...