AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting (Level 2)
Do you want to gain a solid understanding of accounting? Would you like to learn and develop the key skills required of accountants around the world?
This qualification will prepare you for junior and entry-level accounting roles. It will give you a solid foundation in finance administration and covers areas such as double-entry bookkeeping and basic costing principles, as well as how to use accounting software. You will learn finance, accountancy, business and vital communications skills.
Suitability - Who should attend?
You don’t need any previous qualifications or accountancy experience to begin studying AAT Level 2. Anyone, from school leavers to career changers, can start the qualification. However, you must have a good standard of English literacy and basic maths skills. We also recommend that you register with AAT within 4 weeks of registering with us so you can receive your AAT student number, which enables you to enter for assessments. If you have any criminal convictions you will need to discuss this with AAT before purchasing a course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the AAT Level 2 course in accounting, you will be able to confidently process daily business transactions in a manual and computerised bookkeeping system. This course provides comprehensive coverage of the traditional double-entry bookkeeping system which underpins accounting processes world-wide.
AAT Foundation Bookkeeping Certificate and Award
The manual bookkeeping modules – Bookkeeping Controls and Bookkeeping Transactions – are the required modules for achieving the AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping.
Training Course Content
- Double-entry bookkeeping skills
- Using business documents
- Applying discounts and VAT
- Processing customer and supplier transactions
- Processing receipts and payments
- Using a cash book and petty cash book
- Extracting a trial balance
- Using controls in a bookkeeping system
- Using and reconciling control accounts
- Using the journal and suspense account
- Correcting errors in the system
- Reconciling the bank
Elements of Costing
- Understanding a costing system
- Using cost recording techniques
- Comparing budgeted and actual costs
Work Effectively in Finance
- Using personal skills to work effectively in finance
Using Accounting Software
- Record bookkeeping transactions using a Sage computerised accounting package*
Course delivery details
What support will I get?
- You’re fully supported with access to expert tutors, 7 days a week responding via email within 4 working hours
- You’ll also be assigned a mentor to help and guide you through the order of subjects to study in and check that the level you’re starting at is right for you. You can also contact them wherever you need to throughout your course and get a response within 24 hours Monday to Friday
- Monthly Course Subscription: £45
- Quarterly Course Subscription: £120
- Yearly Course Subscription: £430
You can study AAT, ACCA, and CIMA with us, and as a subscriber you get access to all levels in the course. Content is always available and always up to date, no restrictions.
Need to go back and revise a certain area? No problem. We don’t cut off access and you pay the same fee throughout your studies. We won’t charge you any more for your next level, unlike some other training providers.
We’re always on hand when you need us. And always looking out for you. As a subscriber, you’ll get:
- Unlimited, expert academic support via email, 7 days a week. We promise 4-hour response times during working hours, to keep you on track
- Unlimited mentor support, 5 days a week (during working hours). Get answers to any general enquiries.
- The latest course content, powered by Kaplan, always available for as long as you subscribe
- Exclusive discounts on Osborne Books and Kaplan Publishing hard copy materials – 50% off the retail price
- Online study texts, revision kits, practice questions, and study programmes, all approved by accountancy experts
- Our famous Study Buddy for AAT courses – an outline of key course material that replaces the tutor in the classroom and guides you through each module
- Flat-rate fees throughout your AAT, ACCA or CIMA course – no price increases when you complete a level
- No financial tie-ins, no minimum terms, no catch
- No hidden fees when you stop your subscription
Once you’ve passed Level 2, you can work in roles such as an accounts payable clerk, accounts officer, payroll administrator, and a finance assistant, with salaries of up to £23,000. If you want to progress further, you can study AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma.
We’re here to give people the freedom to learn, live life and feel great. For nearly 20 years, we’ve built a strong reputation for supporting learners to succeed with their AAT qualification through flexible distance learning courses. We’ve now widened...