AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting (Level 3)
Are you looking to progress your career in accountancy? Have you got a solid understanding of accounting processes? Studying AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting could be the next step in your journey to becoming a qualified accountant.
This course is suitable if you have previous accountancy experience, through study or work experience, and you’re looking to develop your skills further so you can become qualified and work in a variety of accounting roles.
Suitability - Who should attend?
If you work in accounts or have studied accountancy before (such as AAT Foundation Certificate Level 2), you may be able to start at this level.
If you don’t have any previous accountancy experience, we recommend starting at Level 2. You’ll also need a good grasp of maths and English skills to complete the course. We recommend that you register with AAT before starting this course. You’ll be given your AAT student number, which enables you to enter for assessments.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the AAT Level 3 course in accounting, you’ll be able to apply accounting concepts, principles and rules to confidently work in a financial accounting or management accounting role at intermediate level.
Training Course Content
- Advanced double-entry bookkeeping skills
- Capital expenditure and managing non-current assets
- Period end adjustments: inventory, depreciation, irrecoverable debts, doubtful debts, accruals and prepayments
- The extended trial balance
Final Accounts Preparation
- Preparing accounting records from incomplete information
- Producing accounts for sole traders and partnerships
- Applying rules and regulations
Management Accounting: Costing
- Costing techniques: marginal and absorption
- Accounting for materials, labour and overheads
- Inventory control
- Service and product costing techniques
- Budgets and variances (fixed and flexed)
- Techniques to support decision making: break-even, limiting factor, payback, net present value and internal rate of return
Indirect Tax (VAT)
- Understanding and applying legislation
- Preparing VAT returns
Ethics for Accountants
- How to act ethically in an accounting role and use ethical codes
Spreadsheets for Accountants
- Use tools and techniques to prepare spreadsheets at an advanced level
Course delivery details
What support will I get?
- You’re fully supported with access to expert tutors, 7 days a week responding via email within 4 working hours
- You’ll also be assigned a mentor to help and guide you through the order of subjects to study in and check that the level you’re starting at is right for you. You can also contact them wherever you need to throughout your course and get a response within 24 hours Monday to Friday
- Monthly Course Subscription: £45
- Quarterly Course Subscription: £120
- Yearly Course Subscription: £430
You can study AAT, ACCA, and CIMA with us, and as a subscriber you get access to all levels in the course. Content is always available and always up to date, no restrictions.
Need to go back and revise a certain area? No problem. We don’t cut off access and you pay the same fee throughout your studies. We won’t charge you any more for your next level, unlike some other training providers.
We’re always on hand when you need us. And always looking out for you. As a subscriber, you’ll get:
- Unlimited, expert academic support via email, 7 days a week. We promise 4-hour response times during working hours, to keep you on track
- Unlimited mentor support, 5 days a week (during working hours). Get answers to any general enquiries.
- The latest course content, powered by Kaplan, always available for as long as you subscribe
- Exclusive discounts on Osborne Books and Kaplan Publishing hard copy materials – 50% off the retail price
- Online study texts, revision kits, practice questions, and study programmes, all approved by accountancy experts
- Our famous Study Buddy for AAT courses – an outline of key course material that replaces the tutor in the classroom and guides you through each module
- Flat-rate fees throughout your AAT, ACCA or CIMA course – no price increases when you complete a level
- No financial tie-ins, no minimum terms, no catch
- No hidden fees when you stop your subscription
After completing this level, you could go onto job roles such as a finance officer, assistant accountant and an advanced bookkeeper, earning salaries of up to £25,000. If you want to continue studying, you can move onto AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting.
We’re here to give people the freedom to learn, live life and feel great. For nearly 20 years, we’ve built a strong reputation for supporting learners to succeed with their AAT qualification through flexible distance learning courses. We’ve now widened...