As a contracts manager you will be involved in looking at ways to improve the contract process, deal with issues that arise throughout the contract. A contracts manager usually works in the office, with site and client visits. Taking up this construction job could also allow you to specialise within a particular area (for example, a shop fitting contracts manager may oversee projects, including office developments, retail outlets, leisure facilities and interior heritage projects, from the start through to completion)
This qualification is designed for technical people working at a senior level in a wide range of job roles, for example senior estimator, senior quantity surveyor, senior buyer, senior planner. They will have responsibility for other people in their area of occupation. You will probably be site-based and have responsibility for functions such as dimensional control, surveys, physical testing and work planning. The qualification covers all sections of the construction cycle, including all forms of construction and civil engineering, and includes functions such as maintenance and demolition, and companies specialising in a single operation such as roofing, plastering and shop fitting.
- Quantity Surveying
Topics covered within this qualification -
A level 6 qualification is equivalent to a graduate and examples of topics included within the qualification are;
- Maintain Health, Safety and Welfare Systems
- Plan, Allocate and Monitor Work in Own Area of Responsibility
- Chair Meeting and Take Decisions
- Develop and Maintain Working Relationships and Personal Development
- Plan Measured Surveys and establish the condition of Property
- Identify, Assess and Evaluate Project Requirements Develop and Agree Detailed Project Designs
- Specify and Control Production Documents
- Prepare Procurement Schedules and Programmes of Works
- Implement Strategic and Integrated Supply Chain Management and Sourcing Partnerships
- Obtain and submit Tenders and Appoint Successful
- Optimise and Control Contract Progress and Costs
- Prepare and Agree Contract Accounts and Entitlement
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Already working within the role
- A good level of written, reading and spoken English
Outcome / Qualification etc.
As well as specialising within a field there would be opportunities to travel abroad, become a member of the CIOB that will open up further opportunities or progress to Master contracts management.
This qualification will also provide you with the CSCS Black card.
National delivery method
- On site assessment and training (OSAT)
- Building an ePortfolio of evidence
£1,650 + VAT
CNN Training - Nationally Accredited Health & Safety and Construction Qualifications
CNN Training Consultants are a national skills training provider specialising in the delivery of Health & Safety and Construction qualifications. With over 25 years of experience in the training sector, we are fast-thinking, dynamic training provider who understands that learning...