Site Inspectors can occasionally be referred to “clerk of works” and carry out inspections of a variety of different construction sites across different pathways such as demolition, highways, conservation and building and civil engineering
Site Inspectors monitor all work carried out on a construction site to ensure safety and standards are upheld. They carry out regular inspections to check the quality of work, identifying any potential problems and then reporting their findings with recommendations for improvements. Often they will have responsibility for supervising the different teams working on a site.
As a Site Inspector, you would work alongside many other teams within a business, such as management or design engineers, and therefore require excellent organisational skills and a strong ability to multitask.
Topics included within the qualification -
• Monitor and carry out regular project quality inspections
• Manage the project progress and handover in construction
• Monitor test processes in construction
• Manage interaction with others in construction
• Confirm and report on property condition
• Set up and manage technical information systems in construction
• Implement agreed policies and programmes for undertaking maintenance works
Suitability - Who should attend?
• Already working within the role
• A good level of reading, writing and spoken English
Skills, interests and qualities
• Excellent communication skills -
• Organisational and time management skills
• Excellent staff and skilled work leadership and management skills
• A strong ability to strategize, plan and implement.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
As well as specialising within a field there would be opportunities to travel abroad, become a member of the CIOB that will open up further opportunities or progress to Senior Management.
This qualification will provide you with the ability to apply for the CSCS Black Card.
£1650 + VAT
CNN Training - Nationally Accredited Health & Safety and Construction Qualifications
CNN Training Consultants are a national skills training provider specialising in the delivery of Health & Safety and Construction qualifications. With over 25 years of experience in the training sector, we are fast-thinking, dynamic training provider who understands that learning...