Change ManagementChurchill Square Training & Development
Change Management: How to Deal with Change
Change is something that excites people who love opportunities for growth, to see and learn about new things, or who like to shift the status quo. Some changes, however, are harder to adjust to and lead to expressions of resistance and anger. We can take concrete steps to make change more palatable by understanding people’s hesitation, enlisting the help of others, setting up plans, and managing stressors. These steps can also ensure that desired changes are implemented successfully.
In this one-day workshop, you will learn how to manage and cope with change and how to help those around you too.
What Topics are Covered?
- What is change?
- The change cycle
- The human reaction to change
- The pace of change
- The four room apartment
- Dealing with resistance
- Adapting to change
- Strategies for dealing with anger
- Managing stress
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialised manual and course material
- Personalised certificate of completion
This is a virtual course tailored to your organisation. We can host up to 16 people on the virtual course and this will take place via Zoom or MS Teams.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Everyone involved in change - ideal for all employees.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
What Will Students Learn?
- Accept there are no normal or abnormal ways of reacting to change, but that we must start from where we are.
- See change not as something to be feared and resisted but as an essential element of the world to be accepted.
- Understand that adapting to change is not technical but attitudinal. Change is not an intellectual issue but one that strikes at who you are.
- Recognize that before we can embrace the way things will be, we may go through a process of grieving, and of letting go of the way things used to be.
- See change as an opportunity for self-motivation and innovation.
- Identify strategies for helping change be accepted and implemented in the workplace.
We are a CPD recognised provider.
Qualification awarded by the course provider
Training Course Content
Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
What is Change?
To begin the day, we will discuss some basics of change, including definitions and examples.
The Change Cycle
During this session, we will explore the three phases of William Bridges’ change cycle: beginnings, endings, and transitions.
The Human Reaction to Change
This session will look at Daryl Conner’s interpretation of the human response to change through lecture and small group work.
The Pace of Change
In this session, we will look at how different people react to change in different ways and at different times through a lecture and a case study.
A Four Room Apartment
This session will explore change using Claes Janssen’s four room apartment model.
Dealing with Resistance
During this session, we will examine what resistance is and how we can overcome it to make change stick.
Adapting to Change
This session will discuss how to become resilient to change through a lecture, personal case studies, and group discussion.
Strategies for Dealing with Anger
Change often makes people feel angry. We will look at some ways of dealing with our own anger and the anger of others through lecture and small group work.
Change can also make people feel stressed. During this session, participants will learn some stress management and relaxation techniques.
At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Churchill Square Training & Development is a leading UK based global training and development provider. With over 185 different courses available, we offer a wide variety of training options available to suit your organisation or individual training needs. All of...