High Voltage Distribution (online)Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers
High Voltage Distribution - Online Course - CIBSE
This module aims to provide an excellent introduction to both 11kV and 33kV systems.
The module also ensures that you will be understand how to achieve not only discrimination across an installation HV/LV transformer, but full discrimination throughout your distribution network, right back to the DNO supply.
Suitability - Who should attend?
CIBSE online learning courses are suitable for those wishing to enhance and support their current knowledge base, as well as graduates within an engineering discipline.
Each unit has been peer reviewed and tested through this group. The units allow students to take a coordinated journey through an individual topic or a series of topics. The units form the backbone of several corporate training schemes.
Training Course Content
- The choice of distribution systems
- The comparison of SF6 and vacuum circuit breakers
- The required characteristics and necessary operation settings for the protection relays
Following successful completion of the module, users should be able to:
- Compare the use of radial and ring-main methods of high voltage distribution and their ability to maintain/recover supplies under fault conditions.
- Calculate three-phase balanced fault currents and simple single-phase earth-fault currents using the per-unit system of impedance measurement.
- Select and specify suitable types and ratings for:
(i) High voltage distribution cables
(ii) High voltage circuit breakers*
(iii) Protection class current transformers
(iv) Induction type protection relays (and their settings)
*Including explaining their method or operation.
£300 (£360 inc VAT)
Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers - Online, Open Courses, In-House
The Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) received its Royal Charter in 1976 and works to promote the careers of building services engineers. In addition to accrediting courses and work-based training, they develop and improve pathways to professional Registration...