Construction Management Essentials: Health, Safety and the EnvironmentChartered Institute of Building
Construction Management Essentials: Health, Safety and the Environment
This online course will help you to ensure your construction projects are meeting health and safety legal duties, and address environmental considerations linked to sustainability. Over the course of one month, you will develop key skills in health, safety and environmental risks, and how to apply them to the built environment. Moreover, there is further focus on management plans for safe working practices.
On completion of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the legal framework underpinning health and safety
- Manage actual or anticipated health, safety and environmental risks
- Evaluate the aims of sustainable development and its application to the Built Environment
- Identify and discuss problems from an environmental perspective
- Understand environmental concepts and how they apply to organisational strategy
Suitability - Who should attend?
The course is for:
- Construction managers
- Site Managers
- HNC or HND construction professionals
- Other technical and specialist
- professionals working in the construction industry with 3 – 5 years’ experience
- Legal frameworks in health, safety and the environment
- Actual or anticipated health, safety and environmental risks
- The aims of sustainable development, legislation and its application to the Built Environment
- Environmental perspectives and sustainable solutions
- Environmental concepts, organisational strategy and policy formation
£295 + VAT - non-member, £250.75 + VAT - CIOB member
CIOB Academy - Excellence in the Construction Industry
CIOB Academy is the training arm of The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) - the worldwide professional body in construction management. Launched in 2016, the Academy provides a wide range of courses to help people develop successful careers in the construction...