Pensions on Divorce – The Essential Guide for Family LawyersBPP Professional Education
Pensions on Divorce – The Essential Guide for Family Lawyers
Pensions on divorce is a difficult area which many practitioners find challenging. In many cases a pension is the most significant and valuable financial asset, after the family home, to be dealt with on divorce. The new state pension system and pension freedoms have a major impact on how family lawyers advise their clients in relation to dealing with pension arrangements on divorce.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Solicitors and legal executives in family law departments who want to know the fundamentals.
Training Course Content
Topics covered on this course include :
- Introduction to the UK pension landscape
- Key features of different types of pension arrangements:
- Private sector defined benefit schemes
- Public sector defined benefit schemes
- Defined contribution schemes
- State pension scheme
- Pension freedoms and flexibility – what this means for family lawyers in the advice process
- Valuation of pension rights: cash equivalent transfer values and alternative calculations
- Instructing pension experts – key questions
- Interpreting and understanding calculations and data
- Pension sharing, offsetting and attachment orders – understanding the differences when advising clients
- The top ten pitfalls to avoid as a family lawyer when dealing with divorce and pension sharing
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
BPP Professional Education - Accountancy, Tax, Financial Services, Law & Insolvency Courses
BPP Professional Education is one of the specialist examination-based and professional development training arm of the BPP Group, Europe's biggest professional education and publishing provider with 2,000 staff members across 40 countries and over 30,000 students per year. BPP Professional Education...