Level 3 Award in Education and Training – AET (Formally PTTLS)1Training
Level 3 Award in Education and Training – AET (Formally PTTLS)
For an excellent introduction to teaching, this Pearson BTEC Level 3 award in Education and Training is just what you need. Upon successful completion of this Award in Education and Training you will be able to demonstrate the necessary skills and knowledge to prepare, plan, deliver and evaluate basic teaching and learning sessions, in a variety of teaching or training contexts. This introductory Award in Education and Training is comprehensive, and knowledge based. In addition, there is no minimum teaching practice requirement to take the Award in Education and Training, so it is suitable for individuals who are not in a teaching role. You’ll be given the opportunity to take part in a micro teaching assessment, so will be able to develop the skills you need to begin a successful career in teaching.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- You must be 16 or over
- You should have a basic understanding of English, Maths and ICT
- You will need a computer or tablet with internet connection (or access to one)
Outcome / Qualification etc.
If you pass the exam successfully then you will be awarded a Pearson BTEC Level 3 Award in Education and Training certificate.
Training Course Content
- Qualification type: BTEC Specialist qualification
- Qualification title: Pearson BTEC Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- Level: Level 3
- Accreditation status: Accredited
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 48
- Credits: 12
- Total Qualification Time (TQT): 120
- Qualification number (QN): 601/0685/2
- Availability: UK and international
You will need to provide a copy of an identification document, such as a passport or driving licence.
What skills will I gain?
This course meets the needs of a range of trainee teachers, including:
- Individuals not currently teaching or training
- Individuals currently teaching and training, including those who have just begun or are about to begin
- Individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a qualification providing an introduction to teaching
It gives learners the opportunity to:
- Develop knowledge related to teaching and learning
- Develop skills in teaching and learning
- Achieve a nationally-recognised Level 3 qualification
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in teaching and learning
How will I be assessed?
Learners must complete:
- Three written assignments
- One micro teaching session (which can be submitted as a recorded video)
All assignments should be submitted via the online portal within four months of the course start.
Learners who have achieved the Pearson BTEC Level 3 Award in Education and Training can progress to the Pearson BTEC Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training or the Pearson BTEC Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training. In addition, you could begin to work as a Teaching Assistant. The average salary for a Teaching Assistant in the UK is £12,022.
1 Training - Together, shaping your future
1 Training has established an excellent reputation in the UK for providing professional and vocational training, aiming to train people (young people in particular) for the world of work. 1 Training aims to fill gaps in employment skills, whilst placing...