Introduction to PC Using Windows 8 Online Course1Training
Introduction to PC Using Windows 8 Online Course
Become a power user of Windows 8 in no time. The Introduction to PC’s Using Windows 8 course will take your from the beginner stage to an expert user. For individuals working in an office environment or those that want to use it at home, this course is perfect for you. is a must have skill for students and employees to polish your communication skills, improve etiquette and finally get that dream job you’ve wanted for a long time. Learn to develop effective relationships online, dress professionally and dine in a business environment. Do you want to present the best version of yourself? This course is perfect to help broaden your understanding in a complex business environment.
The Introduction to PC’s Using Windows 8 course will introduce learners to personalisation, navigation, security features, Windows Store, advanced options, Control Panel items and networking and administration tools.
Learn how to navigate Windows 8 through Introduction to PC’s Using Windows 8 course and personalise it to suit your style. The course will offer learners tips and tricks on making the most out of Windows 8 and being productive while achieving optimal performance. The course is internationally recognised and accredited to a training organisation and you will be issued an internationally recognised qualification following full completion of Introduction to PC’s Using Windows 8 course.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who is this Course aimed at?
- The course is aimed at beginners who’ve never used Windows 8.
- Learners who have basic knowledge in Windows 8.
- Students in High School and University.
- The course is ideal for Administrative personnel.
- Anyone who wants to gain skills in a newer Windows version.
- You must be 16 or over
- You should have a basic understanding of English and basic IT knowledge
- You will need a computer or tablet with internet connection (or access to one)
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Those who successfully complete the exam will be awarded the certificate in Introduction to PC’s Using Windows 8.
Training Course Content
- Learn how to navigate Windows 8.
- Learn the difference between desktop applications and modern apps.
- Learn how to use passwords and protect your PC.
- Discover Windows 8 apps.
- Expand your productivity with Windows 8.
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at anytime.
Method of Assessment
At the end of the Introduction to PC’s Using Windows 8 course you will be required to take a multiple choice question assessment test. The multiple choice question assessment will be automatically marked with learners receiving an instant grade.
The certificate will be awarded by CPD and iAP. This internationally recognised qualification will make your CV standout and encourage employers to see your motivation at expanding your skills and knowledge in the IT enterprise.
➤ Module 01 - Get to Know PCs and the Win 8 Interface
1.0 Topic A: Identify Components of a Personal Computer
2.0 Topic B: Sign In to Windows 8
3.0 Topic C: Navigate the Start Screen
➤ Module 02 - Using Modern Apps and Navigation
1.0 Topic A: Access and Identify the Charms
2.0 Topic B: Modern Apps and Common Navigation Features
3.0 Topic C: Multitasking with Apps
➤ Module 03 - Working with Desktop Applications
1.0 Topic A: Navigate the Desktop
2.0 Topic B: Manage Files and Folders with File Explorer
3.0 Topic C: Elements of a Desktop Window
➤ Module 04 - Using Internet Explorer 10
1.0 Topic A: Navigate Internet Explorer 10
2.0 Topic B: Browse the Web
➤ Module 05 - Customizing the Windows 8 Environment
1.0 Topic A: Customize the Start Screen
2.0 Topic B: Customize the Desktop
➤ Module 06 - Using Windows 8 Security Features
1.0 Topic A: Set Privacy Levels and Passwords
2.0 Topic B: Use Windows Defender
3.0 Topic C: Store and Share Files with SkyDrive
Progression and Career Path
Once you successfully complete Introduction to PC’s Using Windows 8 you will be qualified to work in the following positions. The Introduction to PC’s Using Windows 8 qualification will also put you in line to demand a higher salary or job promotion.
- Office Administrator – £17,158 per annum
- Office Manager – £24,073 per annum
- Receptionist – £15,961 per annum
- Personal Assistant – £25,003 per annum
- Project Assistant – £20,785 per annum
- Business Executive – £23,667 per annum
- Secretary – 19,460 per annum
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest expert instructors with over 15 years of experience
- Repeat and rewind all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Gain access to quality video tutorials
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Excellent Tutor Support Service (Monday to Friday)
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Quizzes, tests mock exams, practice exams to ensure you are 100% ready
- Eligible for a NUS discount card
- Free Career Support Service
- 25% Discount on personal Statement and covering letter writing service
- Free Access to Over 150 courses for 2 days (48 hours)
1 Training - Together, shaping your future
1 Training has established an excellent reputation in the UK for providing professional and vocational training, aiming to train people (young people in particular) for the world of work. 1 Training aims to fill gaps in employment skills, whilst placing...